Scope of Services
We, Käfer Messuhrenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG, are the major manufacturer of Dial Gauges and Dial Gauge Instruments in Europe.
Our full range of services is composed of the following branches:
- Analogue Precision Dial Gauges
- Digital Dial Gauges
- Comparator Gauges Compika
- Dial Test Indicators Lever Type
- Precision Measuring Tables
- Magnetic Holders and Magnetic Stands
- Special Gauges
- Depth Gauges
- Analogue Thickness Gauges
- Digital Thickness Gauges
- Contact Points for Dial Gauges and Comparator Gauges
- Accessories for Dial Gauges and Dial Test Indicators Lever Type
- Calibration Service for Dial Gauges and Dial Gauge Instruments
Along with our Standard Catalogue Program we manufacture special versions of Dial Gauges, Dial Gauge Instruments and Contact Points according to customer request. For these customized solutions we can rely on our tool design and prototype engineering department with its long experience.
We are certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 standard
- The well thought-out design and the extremely accurate, precise and robust construction of our Precision Dial Gauges series offer reliability, durability and a long working life.
- Calibrations of all our Dial gauges are traceable to national and international standards.
- The final quality control for the whole series includes visual inspection as well as mechanical function’s tests.
- To eliminate lateral play and resultant errors each measuring spindle is carefully matched to its stem. The accepted lateral play is standardized.
- The bezel together with the outer dial can be rotated by 360° to set zero in any position.
- The zero position is factory-set at 12 o’clock, and a minimum of 0,1mm pre-travel from spindle end stop is realized.
- Adjustable tolerance markers to set tolerance limits.
- Standard contact point with dia. 3,175mm steel ball and M 2,5 thread. A range of special contact points is optionally available.
- Standard stem of dia. 8mm h6.
- Materials and components are selected specifically to ensure a long working life and a premium-quality.
For many years, Käfer employees are working for the development of standards in the national standards committees (DIN, VDE). At regular intervals, we train young people in occupations like mechanics.